July Update
I've been preoccupied lately with my Dad's health issues, but he's thankfully fine for now. We're also struggling with a record heat wave where I live. I just mention that since emotional context can influence your thinking in other matters. There's always more to worry about than just the stock market.
As for the market, it's still struggling to make new highs. Trump just threatened to go "all in" on China tariffs. The consensus seems to be that the tariff wars are keeping a lid on the market for now, despite good earnings. Trump's Russian meeting didn't help matters. Chaos reigns in Washington, but people have mostly have learned to take it in stride.
Only 3 negatives on this June's leading economic indicators. Those being oil, the money supply, and new building permits. Interestingly, unemployment had a big jump this month. If it goes up as much next month, it will be flirting with crossing it's 12 month average. I'll be watching that closely.
As for the market, it's still struggling to make new highs. Trump just threatened to go "all in" on China tariffs. The consensus seems to be that the tariff wars are keeping a lid on the market for now, despite good earnings. Trump's Russian meeting didn't help matters. Chaos reigns in Washington, but people have mostly have learned to take it in stride.
Only 3 negatives on this June's leading economic indicators. Those being oil, the money supply, and new building permits. Interestingly, unemployment had a big jump this month. If it goes up as much next month, it will be flirting with crossing it's 12 month average. I'll be watching that closely.
Comments
Post a Comment